CDS are committed to ensuring that our website meets high standards of accessibility and usability.
If you have a general problem with the size of text on websites (ours and others) there are three ways of increasing the size:
- Change Operating System Preferences
- You can change settings within Windows or Macintosh operating system to increase the size of text used - this makes all text on your computer larger (not just websites)
- Change Browser Preferences
- You can change settings within your browser to increase the default size of "normal" text - this has the effect of enlarging the text on all the websites that you visit (provided those websites have been built in an accessible way)
- Internet Explorer 6
From the top menu bar, select View and point to Text size
- Internet Explorer 7
From the menu bar underneath the search field, select Page and point to Text size
- Mozilla, Firefox and most other browsers (PC)
Hold down the CTRL key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the CTRL key and press -
- Macintosh (Safari, Firefox and most other browsers)
Hold down the Command key and press + Decrease text size: Hold down the Command key and press -
- Zoom-in (Modern Browsers only)
- You can use modern browsers to enlarge any web-page - the effect is to zoom-in to the page just like enlarging an image. All "modern" browsers support this feature: Mozilla, Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer 8 (but unfortunetely not Internet Explorer versions 6 or 7)
Web accessibility initiative
This website has been built in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 (WCAG 1.0) established by the World Wide Web Consortium's (W3C). Although the guidelines aim to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities there are wider benefits to adopting the guidelines as they make sites more user friendly for all.
Menu navigation (access keys)
You can navigate through the menu using the TAB key.
If you are experiencing difficulties in using this website, please contact CDS via our contact page.